Magento 2 DevTools
An extension for Google Chrome (and likely Mozilla Firefox) that exposes helpful debugging utilities for Magento 2 front-ends.
This is a very new project with little to no documentation, published to solicit feedback from early adopters. The extension is currently only available through manual installation of the development build, and will be published to the Chrome Web Store at a future time.
Whenever you navigate to a page running Magento 2, a new tab should appear in DevTools from this extension.
- RequireJS Optimizer configuration generator (including Magento module for quick install)
- RequireJS module registry inspector
Possible Future Features
- uiComponents Explorer/Inspector (think React/Angular DevTools)
- m2 Front-End best-practices checks
Running Development Build (Google Chrome)
- Clone the repository
- Navigate to
- Select the
extensionfolder in the root of this repository
- To run a single build, use
npm run buildinstead of
- If you have Chrome DevTools open when you make a change in
src, you'll need to close and re-open DevTools to see the changes
- If you need to debug the DevTools page (React app in
src), open the
Magento 2tab in DevTools, then right click +
Inspect Element. This will open a new instance of the DevTools pointed at the React application.