MHAPI is a set of convenience calls intented to help you get access to things which might be difficult to find in the code otherwise. The main purpose is to serve as a base library for writing plugins for MakeHuman.
Installation and usage
If you place 1_mhapi in the plugins directory, it will self-register so that app.mhapi becomes available. Then (in a plugin or whatever it is you are working with) you can make a call to one of MHAPI's functions. For example:
from core import G someDir = G.app.mhapi.locations.getUserDataDir()
This would store the location of the "data" directory located amongst the user's makehuman files, i.e ~/makehuman/v1/data on a unixoid system or MY DOCUMENTS\makehuman\v1\data on windows.
In the reference, "G.app.mhapi.NAMESPACE" has been excluded. So the "getHuman()" call found on the "internals" page here is actuall called "G.app.mhapi.internals.getHuman()".
- assets: These are calls related to reading, parsing and manipulating assets.
- exports: Functionality for exporting the human to a file, and for listing available export formats.
- internals: These are calls which you would normally not need to make. They give you low-level access to internal MakeHuman objects.
- locations: Gives you information about file and directory locations.
- mesh: Operations on and info about the mesh as such (ie direct access to vertices, edges and faces)
- modifiers: Gives you control and information about modifiers and targets.
- skeleton: Operations concerning aspects of skeleton, such as rig, pose, expression and similar.
- ui: Operations for constructing and manipulating the UI
- version: Information about hg and the current makehuman version.
- viewport: Operations for manipulating the viewport and the camera