Replicator MightyBoard Firmware
This is the firmware repository for the Replicator, Replicator Dual, Replicator 2 & 2X desktop 3D-printing machines.
If you're getting started, please begin by reading the documentation for the firmware: http://wiki.makerbot.com/v2-firmware
This project contains the following subdirectories:
- firmware - this is the firmware, where active development takes place. See http://wiki.makerbot.com/v2-firmware for details on how to build and install the code.
- bootloader - this contains the bootloaders for the MCUs on the Mightyboard
- dist - this directory contains tools and scripts for quickly installing bootloaders and board images for the MightyBoard
- tests - this directory contains tests using the s3g driver and development testing data
- docs - info about command handling and firmware details
N.B. to generate the french version of the firmware, add the LOCALE=fr env variable before compiling
To use the tests in s3g_tests, you must initialize the s3g submodule by running git submodule init git submodule update
Build the latest firmware version
These instructions only apply to Mac OS X for now.
You must first install
avr-libc if you don't have it :
$ brew install scons
$ brew tap larsimmisch/avr $ brew install avr-libc --env=std
If you wish to upload, you must install
avrdude if it is not yet present :
$ brew install avrdude
NB : if you haven't got
brewinstalled, see http://mxcl.github.io/homebrew/ .
Make sure that you have installed the command line tools from Xcode. If you run into any problem while compiling, it may mean that you need to update your developer folder :
$ sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/
If everything is fine, you should be able to run
xcrun -find gcc and have the following output :
$ xcrun -find gcc /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/gcc
And at least these packages :
$ brew list [...] avr-binutils avrdude avr-gcc avr-libc libmpc mpfr scons [...]
To create the documentation, you will also need
graphviz for nice vizualisations) :
$ brew install doxygen $ brew install graphviz
Then, run :
You will be prompted for the Replicator type (A or B for
mighty_two) and the locale to use (available :
en, default :
en). The script will build the firmware from the sources in the given locale and ask to upload to the connected Replicator.
NB : A build output log is generated in
You can clean up a previously built version with :
$ ./firmware/cleanup.sh [-f]
-f option cleans up without prompting for confirmation.
To upload a new firmware to a Replicator via USB :
$ ./dist/MightyBoard/load_firmware_usb.sh mighty_two_v7.3.10.hex /dev/tty.usbmodem*
mighty_two_v7.3.10.hex is the corresponding firmware HEX file and
/dev/tty.usbmodem* the port to use (this is the default port for all USB connectors on a Mac).
- French localization ( < 7.2 ) : guyzmo (CKAB)
- French localization ( > 7.2 ) : tchapi (CKAB)
- Scripts improvements, updates and fixes : tchapi (CKAB) - 2013