An Open-Source, Micro Development Kit for IoT Applications using the nRF52840 SoC
The nRF52840-MDK is a versatile, easy-to-use IoT hardware platform for Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth Mesh, Thread, IEEE 802.15.4, ANT and 2.4GHz proprietary applications using the nRF52840 SoC.
The development kit comes with a fully integrated debugger (also known as DAPLink) that provides USB drag-and-drop programming, USB Virtual COM port and CMSIS-DAP interface.
The kit contains a Microchip USB 2.0 Hi-Speed hub controller with two downstream ports: one for DAPLink interface and one for nRF52840 USB device controller. The kit also features ultra-low power 64-Mb QSPI FLASH memory, programmable user button, RGB LED, up to 24 GPIOs, antenna selection for custom applications.
It supports the standard Nordic Software Development Tool-chain using GCC, Keil and IAR. It can also be used to play with many popular frameworks, such as nRF5 SDK, nRF5 SDK for Mesh, OpenThread, ZigBee 3.0, Mbed OS 5, Zephyr, Mynewt, Web Bluetooth, iBeacon, Eddystone, and more.
- Nordic nRF52840 System-on-Chip
- ARM® Cortex®-M4F processor optimized for ultra-low power operation
- Combining Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth Mesh, Thread, IEEE 802.15.4, ANT and 2.4GHz proprietary
- On-chip NFC-A tag
- On-chip USB 2.0 (Full speed) controller
- ARM TrustZone® Cryptocell 310 security subsystem
- 1 MB FLASH and 256 kB RAM
- Program/Debug options with DAPLink
- MSC - drag-n-drop programming flash memory
- CDC - virtual com port for log, trace and terminal emulation
- HID - CMSIS-DAP compliant debug channel
- WEBUSB HID - CMSIS-DAP compliant debug channel
- Microchip 2-Port USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Hub Controller
- External ultra-low power 64-Mb QSPI FLASH memory
- Up to 24 GPIOs available via headers
- IF Boot/Reset Button
- User programmable Button and RGB LED
- On-board 2.4G chip antenna
- U.FL connector selectable for external antenna
- 3.3V regulator with 1A peak current output
- VBUS & VIN Power-Path Management
- Reversible USB 3.1 Type-C Connector
- Breadboard-friendly with dual 18-Pin headers
- Measures 1.97" x 0.9" x 0.51" (50mm x 23mm x 13mm) with headers soldered in
We have provided develeopment docs to make it a pleasure to work with nRF52840-MDK. Get what you need here or visit https://wiki.makerdiary.com/nrf52840-mdk.
- Getting Started
- Using nRF5 SDK
- Using nRF5 SDK for Mesh
- Using OpenThread
- Using Arm Mbed OS
- Using Zephyr
- Using Mynewt
- Using DAPLink
The nRF52840 Micro Dev Kit USB Dongle can be used to play with : nRF5 SDK, OpenThread, Web Bluetooth, iBeacon, Eddystone, and more.
|nRF5 SDK||Offical Software Development Kit for nRF51 and nRF52 Series|
|OpenThread Border Router||An open source border router, designed to work with OpenThread|
|Thread Network Sniffer||Help you to efficiently analyze Thread network traffic|
|Web Bluetooth||Bluetooth support for the Web|
|iBeacon||A Bluetooth low energy advertising message format designed by Apple|
|Eddystone||A protocol specification that defines a Bluetooth low energy message format for proximity beacon messages|
|CircuitPython||A Python language for microcontrollers designed to simplify experimentation and learning|
|TinyGo||Go compiler for small devices, based on LLVM|
|Rust for nrf52840-mdk||Rust support for the nrf52840-mdk development board|
|RIOT OS||The friendly Operating System for the Internet of Things,|
|V1.0||nRF52840-MDK V1.0 Pinout Diagram
nRF52840-MDK V1.0 Schematic
nRF52840-MDK V1.0 Board File
nRF52840-MDK V1.0 3D STEP
How to get nRF52840-MDK
nRF52840-MDK is available on the following channels (click to go directly to the product):
We would love for you to contribute to this project and help make it even better than it is today! See our Contributing Guidelines for more information.
Copyright (c) 2019 makerdiary.com
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.