Universal Sprite Sheet
An attempt to consolidate all of the humanoid entries from the Liberated Pixel Cup, lpc.opengameart.org, into a single GIMP project, as well as to try and make most clothing accessible by either gender.
Guarav0 Has created an online version of the Universal Sprite Sheet, located at http://gaurav.munjal.us/Universal-LPC-Spritesheet-Character-Generator
In trying to keep things organized, I've employed a few different abbreviations to keep the filenames from running out of control. They are:
- sc: spellcast
- th: thrust
- wc: walkcycle
- sl: slash
- sh: shoot
- hu: hurt
According to the rules of the LPC all art submissions were dual licensed under both GNU GPL 3.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0. Further work produced in this repository is licensed under the same terms.
- See the file: cc-by-sa-3.0.txt
GNU GPL 3.0:
- See the file: gpl-3.0.txt
If you'd like to help out, please do so! I've worked with @joewhite to hammer out some basic guidelines:
- Edit the .png files, not the .xcf. Once the pull is merged, a maintainer (@makrohn) will fold the .png files into the .xcf
- For hairstyles, you can create a few small images, and then generate the spritesheets from them. See EditingHair.
- As with code, try to keep pull requests grouped thematically - eg, "skintonefixes" "suitandtie" "blackshoes" so they can be evaluated separately.