What is GC2?
GC2 – an enterprise platform for managing geospatial data, making map visualisations and creating applications. Built on the best open source and standard based software.
GC2 is part of the OSGeo Community Project GC2/Vidi
What does GC2?
Make it easy to deploy PostGIS, MapServer, QGIS Server, MapCache, Elasticsearch, GDAL/Ogr2ogr. And offers an easy-to-use web application to configure the software stack.
What is the goal for GC2?
The GC2 project aims to make it easy for organizations to use open source software for building geo-spatial infrastructure.
Key features of GC2
- Deploy the whole software stack by one Docker command.
- Configure everything using a slick web based application. No editing of configuration files!
- Upload and import into PostGIS from different spatial vector and raster formats like ESRI Shape, MapInfo tab/mif, GeoJSON, GML, KML, ESRI fileGDB, GeoTIFF and ACS. And non-spatial formats like CSV and MS Access.
- Automatically configuration of MapServer, QGIS Server and MapCache.
- Build-in WFS-T for feature editing with QGIS.
- Make feature edits directly in the web administration interface.
- Manage user privileges on layer level.
- Use Workflow to control the editing of a layer in a typical author-reviewer-publisher chain.
- Manage PostGIS database. Create, alter and drop relations.
- Use PostGIS SQL language as a web service and get the result as GeoJSON, CSV or Excel.
- Get data from PostGIS indexed in Elasticsearch by clicking an button!
How to use GC2?
Online manual here
How to try GC2
Head over to gc2.mapcentia.com, create a PostGIS database and start uploading data.
How to install GC2 (and Vidi)?
First get the docker-compose file:
git clone https://github.com/mapcentia/dockerfiles.git cd dockerfiles/docker-compose/local/gc2
Deploy both GC2 and Vidi:
When open GC2 Admin at http://localhost:8080 and create a database by clicking Create New Account.
After you've created a database you can request Vidi at http://localhost:3000/app/[database]/public. Just make sure, there are some layers in
public schema and they're in a Group.
The Docker-compose file is for deploying GC2 and Vidi in a test environment. It will expose GC2 on port 8080 and Vidi on 3000 PostgreSQL password is set to 12345
Who is MapCentia?
MapCentia believes getting easy access to standard based open source software matters. As the company behind the open source project GC2 — a complete platform for managing geospatial data, making map visualisations and creating applications, MapCentia is helping teams to get the most out of their data. From local governments to world leading consulting firms, our product is extending what's possible with open source software and data.