Simple PDF Viewer
Preview PDFs in the browser with eight different variations of color vision deficiency.
See it live at mariechatfield.com/simple-pdf-viewer.
Uses the PDF.js platform, created by Mozilla, to render the PDFs.
- Colblinder, an educational site about color-blindness and color vision deficiency
- We are Colorblind.com, dedicated to making the web a better place for the color blind
- Colour Blind Awareness, U.K. based community interest organization
- 18F Accessibility Guide, resources and tools to help develop accessible products
- Improving The Color Accessibility For Color-Blind Users, article in Smashing Magazine
- Spectrum, a free color vision deficiency simulator for Chrome
- Color Oracle, a free color blindness simulator for Windows, Mac, and Linux
If you want to run it locally, you'll need to host the
My favorite way:
Assuming that you have
node installed on your computer, with the
npx command to run scripts, you don't need to install anything else. Use the
http-server library to run a tiny Node.js server that automatically hosts the
index.html file for you.
cd simple-pdf-viewer npx http-server -o