- Research which OSS license the app should have and that we adhere to the licenses of APIs. TVDB: http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2507
- Use CocoaPods for the dependencies.
- Possibly switch to AFNetworking to replace the http request and json/image code.
- Handle connection errors in some way which is needed to provide a good UX. I.e. should we retry, take a failure block, etc.
- Echofon style network failure notification
- Make HTTPDownload post start/stop notifications so that the refresh/stop buttons in the top-level controllers can show them accurately.
- Library tab when not signed in should give a description of what one could do there when one has a Trakt account. (show one of these handrwitten text with arrow to the sign in button)
Finally fix the incorrect highlighting of rows in calendar and recommended lists
Unify the feedSelector and cachedFeedProperty methods used in the root controllers
- Rename 'thumb' to 'banner' in Show and Episode.
- When an episode title is TBD, disable the checkbox or remove it.
#for numeric values in the index in library
- First launch: load calendar, then visible row images + library & recommendations feeds
- Not first launch, i.e. the app was inactive, or the user hits the ‘reload’ button: reload all feeds, but load the current visible one first.
Cache show posters and thumbs indefinitely.
Only show an index in library when over 50 shows. However, the iPod app does show the index, even with 22 albums.
- The download code that is already tested elsewhere, eg ensureThumbIsLoaded, don’t need to be tested in the Trakt specs.
- Rename -[Episode initWithDictionary:] to initWithEpisodeInfo and same for -[Show initWithDictionary:].
- Check which font style we should use and possibly unify that into a UILabel subclass.
- Add Calendar class which returns episodes grouped by broadcast date.
- The Calendar class should take a show title filter string which makes the Calendar return only those dates and episodes that match.
- Set the preferred show poster thumb size from the calendar controller.
Trakt.tv is quite slow with returning the updated ‘seen’ value for an episode in the calendar feed. Or is that the proxy?
- Bug in Trakt api, created ticket
Do the digits really have to be at the end of the index in the library view? The data already comes sorted, but has the digits first...
- Way to check if username exists (API)
- Show modal auth view when trying to sign in with stored credentials but it fails.
- Auth button when not signed in: ‘Sign in’
- Auth button when signed in: ‘alloy’
Auth window when not signed in:
Text: Could not sign in (if failed)
Forgot your password? (underlined!)
Trakt is a website... etc Don’t have an account yet? (underlined!)
Auth window when signed in:
- Done button: none
Text: You are signed in as alloy.
BIG RED ‘SIGN OUT’ BUTTON
- Search through all shows
- See if we can receive the json in chunks, enrich them and immediately send them out again
- Write specs!