Slate is a window management application similar to Divvy and SizeUp (except better and free!). Originally written to replace them due to some limitations in how each work, it attempts to overcome them by simply being extremely configurable. As a result, it may be a bit daunting to get configured, but once it is done, the benefit is huge.
Slate currently works on Mac OS X 10.8 and above.
Summary of Features
- Highly customizable
- Bind keystrokes to:
- move and/or resize windows
- directionally focus windows
- activate preset layouts
- create, delete, and activate snapshots of the current state of windows
- Set default layouts for different monitor configurations which will activate when that configuration is detected.
- Window Hints: an intuitive way to change window focus
- [Beta] A better, more customizable, application switcher.
- kvs has created a Sublime Text 2 preference for
- trishume has done a really nice writeup on getting started with Slate here
Big thanks to philc for the Window Hints idea (and initial implementation) as well as plenty of other suggestions and improvement ideas.
Please create a github issue for any questions, bug reports, suggestions, or general commentary.