,'``.._ ,'``. :,--._:)\,:,._,.: All Glory to :`--,'' :`...';\ the HYPNO TOAD! `,' `---' `. / : / \ ,' :\.___,-. `...,---'````-..._ |: \ ( ) ;: ) \ _,-. `. ( // `' \ : `.// ) ) , ; ,-|`. _,'/ ) ) ,' ,' ( :`.`-..____..=:.-': . _,' ,' `,'\ ``--....-)=' `._, \ ,') _ '``._ _.-/ _ `. (_) / )' ; / \ \`-.' `--( `-:`. `' ___..' _,-' |/ `.) `-. `.`.``-----``--, .' |/`.\`' ,','); SSt ` (/ (/)))`'`'`'`'`'
currently using vundle to manage :
(rebuild this list with
- clone repository into .vim
- run rake init to set up some basic things. This command should only ever be run once
- open vim, and run :BundleInstall. This will use vundle to install the latest version of all plugins into ~/.vim/bundle/.
- close vim, and run rake plugin:setup. This will do things like compile binaries required for some plugins.
- Reopen vim. Should see solarized light and everything should be working
- after(/plugin/keymaps.vim): All custom key maps are in here, so that they get priority over plugins
- autoload: pathogen (plugin management system) is installed here
- backup: location for all vim temp files
- bundle: All plugins are installed here by vundle
vimrc is basically just a bootstrap file that will load each of the following files
- settings.vim: editor config
- vundles.vim: plugin management configuration by vundle
- plugin-config: keymaps and settings
- autocmds.vim: setting up things to do with hooks
- functions.vim: a bunch of functions, mostly pillaged from other peoples vimrc files
- statusline.vim: bunch of customizations for the modeline (lifted from scrooloose's vimrc)
- keymaps.vim: link to bundle/plugin/keymaps.vim for convenience
due to the way vundle works, you need to be in vim to invoke it, but there are a lot of configuration settings that depend on specific plugins to be installed. To avoid a ton of errors, most of the configuration will not load until a file exists in ~/.vim/.plugins_installed. if the installation instructions are followed, you shouldn't have to worry about this, but it can be useful to know if something isn't working.