Port/Reimplementation of SMB3 Workshop by hukka
YouTube Video of Version 0.9, check Releases for more current versions
Features right now
- Level selection
- Level view
- Block Viewer
- Loading/Saving of levels/world maps
- Selection of multiple objects
- Copy/Cut/Paste objects
- Vertical Levels
- Undo/Redo System
- Instant Header Editing
- Jump (Level pointer) editing
- Make screenshots of your Level
- Smoothing out the rough edges
- Pretty much the rest of SMB3 Workshops features
- Cleaner architecture
- dynamic level sizes
Not planned right now
- Support of other versions, other than the US release
Come to the SMB3 Romhacking Discord and message Michael.
How to run
The Easy Way
You can use the editions in the Releases tab on Github under Assets. Those should work out of the box.
Alternatively you can try the methods below.
- You need to have at least Python3.6 installed. To do that, go to https://www.python.org/downloads. Make sure to tick the box "Add Python to Path"!
- You need to install the wxPython GUI framework. To do that, open a command
prompt (search cmd in Windows) and type in
pip install wxpython. This should work automatically.
- Click on smb3-foundry.py and the level editor should open up, asking you to select the ROM you want to load. Preferably the US version of SMB3 or a Hack based on it.
python3package should already be installed on your system. If not then do it using your distributions package manager.
python3-pipusing the package manager as well.
- Install the GUI framework, using
pip install wxpython. Maybe you need to use
- You can start the level editor using
python3 smb3-foundry.pyusing the terminal.