Digimon World Randomizer
Digimon World 1 (PSX) data randomizer. Create a unique, brand new experience for the classic game!
Steps for first time setup:
Recommended race setup:
- Download the latest release of
- Unzip to wherever
digimon_randomize.exe and select any or all options.
- Press the
- Load the
.bin file with the name you specified in the emulator of your choice.
- Follow 1-3 above
Display Settings patch.
- Set the seed to any number, or simply run the randomizer and copy the random seed produced
- Save settings with the seed set, then share your settings file with your race opponents.
- All race participants should load the settings then update ROM input and output paths to their own file system.
- All race participants should press the Randomize button.
- If everyone's settings matched, including the seed, an identical ROM will be produced for everyone.
- You can verify this by seeing the hash value during the game's intro.
- Patch for learning moves and commands on same session
- Randomize type effectiveness
- Fix some seeds being truncated on input
- Up slider steps from 20 to 100, fix default values
- Fix random seed crashing the script
- Fix log file not having seed in name when it was random
- Complete re-design of the GUI
-- Tabbed view to allow far more room for adding new features
-- Tie all data directly into UI for easier expansion
- Integrate all of Syd's features from the forked branch
-- Fix softlocks patches
-- Fix PP calculation
-- Unlock Toy Town as part of "Unlock Areas" patch
-- Various other fixes
- Options to allow starter to be any level (fresh to ultimate)
- Option to specify exact starting digimon
- Make race/casual always produce different results for same seed
- Include seed value in log file filename
- Too many to try to list here -- mostly patch improvement and UI improvement. Stability significantly up
- Graphical User Interface
-- Select files, save, load and edit settings with an easy-to-use graphical interface. No more manual `ini` file editing!
- Patch to insert a hash of the configured settings into the Jijimon intro dialogue (for verifying race integrity)
- Patch to skip the majority of the introductory dialogue ("Welcome to Digimon World" etc)
- Patch to unrig bonus try training -- the slots will no longer force you to lose most of the time. They are
now entirely based on skill: no RNG at all.
- Patch to remove the virus/vaccine type locks on Greylord's Mansion and Ice Sanctuary.
- Additionally randomize the following special evolutions:
-- NOT Numemon (for the sake of preserving the Toy Town access)
- Increase tech learn chance patch now applies to brain training as well
Public Beta 0.8.2
- Fixed certain enemy digimon drop rates being lower than intended
- Fixed PP calculation with random recruits. PP will now match that of the received recruit, rather than the one you spoke to/fought.
Public Beta 0.8.1
- Fixed hardware crash caused by invalid targeting during confusion status.
- Configurable option to change spawn rate of Mamemon, Piximon, MetalMamemon, and Otamamon to a specific value.
Public Beta 0.8.0
- Recruitment messages should now properly match random recruit.
- Counter will never be assigned as the starting tech
Public Beta 0.7.2
- When random recruitment is enabled, change the "Xmon joins the city!" message to reflect
the random recruitment.
Public Beta 0.7.1
- Randomly recruited digimon will now consistently appear in town (and the "actual" recruits will not show up)
- All map item spawns now randomized (a handful were missed initially)
- Whamon recruit can no longer be swapped to a Factorial Town digimon
- Devimon will gain stats when randomly assigned to a natural evolution (requires random evolutions and random special evolutions)
- Logging for random recruitment no longer inverted
- Patch to fix the Giromon/jukebox glitch
- Improve random recruitment logging (log now tells what each recruit should give you)
Public Beta 0.7.0
- Getting Ogremon early in random recruits will no longer break the Drimogemon fight
- Seadramon will now properly be able to teach 3 random techs (when enabled)
- Devimon is now an option for natural evolution when random requirements is enabled
- Properly use 2nd starter starting stats when 2nd starter is assigned
- random mode for tech data -- instead of just shuffling the existing values, generates true
random values. Power ranges from 30% below vanilla lowest to
30% above vanilla highest (cap 999). MP cost ranges from 10%
to 140% of power value. This means less complete garbage
moves while still having the occasional amazing move.
- randomize evolution requirements
Public Beta 0.6.0
- Random special evolutions can now correctly include Panjyamon, MetalEtemon, and Gigadramon
- Seed is now printed out at the end of the log
- Fix text color glitch
- ObtainAll option for random evolutions is finally supported.
Enabling this ensures that all natural evolution digimon are still
obtainable through natural evolution after the evolutions are randomized.
- patch to increase battle learn chance for techs
Public Beta 0.5.0
- Toy Town can now properly be opened by the digimon the suit evolves to (when special
evolutions are randomized)
- Ninjamon will no longer continue to fight forever if random recruits is enabled. Also
prevents the eternal battle with ghost Ninjamon.
- randomize recruitments (recruit A, B joins your town)
-- All recruitments except: Agumon, Airdramon, MetalGreymon, Palmon, Vegiemon,
Greymon, Birdramon, Centarumon, Angemon, Monzaemon
-- This feature is largely untested and has lots of bugs, probably. You may
want to leave it off for now.
- randomize the following special evolutions:
-- Monzaemon (and match the Toy Town trigger to the new one)
-- Triggers remain the same, just the resulting digimon is changed
- customizable high/low price cutoff for map items and enemy drops
- patch brain training to allow learning first tier move if you do not have it. 40% chance
Public Beta 0.4.0
- Moon Mirror and Electro Ring will no longer be randomized in (gamebreaking)
- Starter will never randomize to itself (Agumon will never become Agumon)
- Alternate Dynamite Kick and Horizontal Kick will be randomized as they should
- Self targeting moves like War Cry will never be assigned a status effect
Closed Beta 0.3.1
*Cleanup for first public release!
Closed Beta 0.3.0
- Quests items will no longer appear in chests when the randomizer is run twice on the same file
Closed Beta 0.2.0
- randomize techs taught by Seadramon + Beetle Land
- randomize tech data
-- random power option
-- random MP cost option
-- random accuracy option
-- random effect option
-- random effect chance option
- patch evo items to give stats/lifetime
- patch to make quest items dropable
Closed Beta 0.1.1
- randomize digimon data
-- random drop item option
-- random drop rate option
Closed Beta 0.1.0
- exclude myotismon steak from randomizing (breaks that quest if not)
- random rookie starter
-- random or weakest tech option
- random chest items
-- evo item ban option
- random Tokomon items
-- consumable only option
- random map spawn items
-- food replaces other food option
- random evolutions