Digimon World Randomizer
Digimon World 1 (PSX) data randomizer. Create a unique, brand new experience for the classic game!
Steps for first time setup:
- Download the latest release of
- Unzip to wherever
digimon_randomize.exeand select any or all options.
- Press the
- Load the
.binfile with the name you specified in the emulator of your choice.
Recommended race setup:
- Follow 1-3 above
- Set the seed to any number, or simply run the randomizer and copy the random seed produced
- Save settings with the seed set, then share your settings file with your race opponents.
- All race participants should load the settings then update ROM input and output paths to their own file system.
- All race participants should press the Randomize button.
- If everyone's settings matched, including the seed, an identical ROM will be produced for everyone.
- You can verify this by seeing the hash value during the game's intro.
- Patch for learning moves and commands on same session - Randomize type effectiveness
- Fix some seeds being truncated on input - Up slider steps from 20 to 100, fix default values
- Fix random seed crashing the script - Fix log file not having seed in name when it was random
- Complete re-design of the GUI -- Tabbed view to allow far more room for adding new features -- Tie all data directly into UI for easier expansion - Integrate all of Syd's features from the forked branch -- Fix softlocks patches -- Fix PP calculation -- Unlock Toy Town as part of "Unlock Areas" patch -- Various other fixes - Options to allow starter to be any level (fresh to ultimate) - Option to specify exact starting digimon - Make race/casual always produce different results for same seed - Include seed value in log file filename
- Too many to try to list here -- mostly patch improvement and UI improvement. Stability significantly up
- Graphical User Interface -- Select files, save, load and edit settings with an easy-to-use graphical interface. No more manual `ini` file editing! - Patch to insert a hash of the configured settings into the Jijimon intro dialogue (for verifying race integrity) - Patch to skip the majority of the introductory dialogue ("Welcome to Digimon World" etc) - Patch to unrig bonus try training -- the slots will no longer force you to lose most of the time. They are now entirely based on skill: no RNG at all. - Patch to remove the virus/vaccine type locks on Greylord's Mansion and Ice Sanctuary. - Additionally randomize the following special evolutions: -- Airdramon -- Ninjamon -- Monochromon -- Kunemon -- Coelamon -- Nanimon -- Vademon -- Sukamon -- NOT Numemon (for the sake of preserving the Toy Town access) - Increase tech learn chance patch now applies to brain training as well
- Fixed certain enemy digimon drop rates being lower than intended - Fixed PP calculation with random recruits. PP will now match that of the received recruit, rather than the one you spoke to/fought.
Public Beta 0.8.2
- Fixed hardware crash caused by invalid targeting during confusion status.
Public Beta 0.8.1
- Configurable option to change spawn rate of Mamemon, Piximon, MetalMamemon, and Otamamon to a specific value.
- Recruitment messages should now properly match random recruit. - Counter will never be assigned as the starting tech
Public Beta 0.8.0
- When random recruitment is enabled, change the "Xmon joins the city!" message to reflect the random recruitment.
Public Beta 0.7.2
- Randomly recruited digimon will now consistently appear in town (and the "actual" recruits will not show up) - All map item spawns now randomized (a handful were missed initially) - Whamon recruit can no longer be swapped to a Factorial Town digimon - Devimon will gain stats when randomly assigned to a natural evolution (requires random evolutions and random special evolutions) - Logging for random recruitment no longer inverted
Public Beta 0.7.1
- Patch to fix the Giromon/jukebox glitch - Improve random recruitment logging (log now tells what each recruit should give you)
- Getting Ogremon early in random recruits will no longer break the Drimogemon fight - Seadramon will now properly be able to teach 3 random techs (when enabled) - Devimon is now an option for natural evolution when random requirements is enabled - Properly use 2nd starter starting stats when 2nd starter is assigned
Public Beta 0.7.0
- random mode for tech data -- instead of just shuffling the existing values, generates true random values. Power ranges from 30% below vanilla lowest to 30% above vanilla highest (cap 999). MP cost ranges from 10% to 140% of power value. This means less complete garbage moves while still having the occasional amazing move. - randomize evolution requirements
- Random special evolutions can now correctly include Panjyamon, MetalEtemon, and Gigadramon - Seed is now printed out at the end of the log - Fix text color glitch
Public Beta 0.6.0
- ObtainAll option for random evolutions is finally supported. Enabling this ensures that all natural evolution digimon are still obtainable through natural evolution after the evolutions are randomized. - patch to increase battle learn chance for techs
- Toy Town can now properly be opened by the digimon the suit evolves to (when special evolutions are randomized) - Ninjamon will no longer continue to fight forever if random recruits is enabled. Also prevents the eternal battle with ghost Ninjamon.
Public Beta 0.5.0
- randomize recruitments (recruit A, B joins your town) -- All recruitments except: Agumon, Airdramon, MetalGreymon, Palmon, Vegiemon, Greymon, Birdramon, Centarumon, Angemon, Monzaemon -- This feature is largely untested and has lots of bugs, probably. You may want to leave it off for now. - randomize the following special evolutions: -- Monzaemon (and match the Toy Town trigger to the new one) -- MetalMamemon -- Giromon -- Bakemon -- Devimon -- Phoenixmon -- SkullGreymon -- Triggers remain the same, just the resulting digimon is changed - customizable high/low price cutoff for map items and enemy drops - patch brain training to allow learning first tier move if you do not have it. 40% chance
- Moon Mirror and Electro Ring will no longer be randomized in (gamebreaking) - Starter will never randomize to itself (Agumon will never become Agumon) - Alternate Dynamite Kick and Horizontal Kick will be randomized as they should - Self targeting moves like War Cry will never be assigned a status effect
Public Beta 0.4.0
*Cleanup for first public release!
Closed Beta 0.3.1
- Quests items will no longer appear in chests when the randomizer is run twice on the same file
Closed Beta 0.3.0
- randomize techs taught by Seadramon + Beetle Land - randomize tech data -- random power option -- random MP cost option -- random accuracy option -- random effect option -- random effect chance option - patch evo items to give stats/lifetime - patch to make quest items dropable
Closed Beta 0.2.0
- randomize digimon data -- random drop item option -- random drop rate option
Closed Beta 0.1.1
- exclude myotismon steak from randomizing (breaks that quest if not)
Closed Beta 0.1.0
- random rookie starter -- random or weakest tech option - random chest items -- evo item ban option - random Tokomon items -- consumable only option - random map spawn items -- food replaces other food option - random evolutions