The experience and subtlety of your program's text can be important. Messageformat is a mechanism for handling both pluralization and gender in your applications. It can also lead to much better translations, as it's designed to support all the languages included in the Unicode CLDR.
This monorepo consists of the following packages that make up our JS implementation of ICU MessageFormat:
- messageformat-cli - A command-line client for the library
- messageformat-convert - Converts other localization formats into MessageFormat
- messageformat-loader - Webpack loader for JSON & YAML message files
- messageformat-loader-example - Usage example for the loader
- messageformat-parser - Parses MessageFormat source strings into an AST
- messageformat-runtime - Runtime dependencies of compiled message modules
- messageformat-website - The source of our documentation site
npm install --save-dev messageformat@next npm install --save messageformat-runtime
This includes the MessageFormat compiler and a runtime accessor class that provides a slightly nicer API for working with larger numbers of messages. Our Format Guide will help with the ICU MessageFormat Syntax, and the Usage Guide provides some options for integrating messageformat to be a part of your workflow around UI texts and translations.