Opensource version of maxgif.
Also works really well on mobile devices.
PHP 5 or higher
The set up for this is pretty simple.
- Dump your gifs in the images folder.
- Make sure your images folder is set writable (chmod 644 images).
- Hit [yourdomain.com]/cache.php to create a output cache of the images on the site. The cache is stored in the images folder. Use this URL to refresh the cache when new images are added.
- Include jQuery in your page.
- Include the bigGif plugin.
- When the page is ready run the plugin.
The plugin takes a object to configure itself.
- jsonFile (required): the path to the image cache. The cache is a json document that contains an array of image locations. This property is required.
- callback: A callBack that runs after the background has been updated.
- timer: The amount of time in seconds an image will show. Default is 0.
You can look in the index.html file for an example of how to set it up.
- Don't leave spaces in the image names. Browsers don't seem to like that.