- change arrow keys to move in a logical direction, not the pre-transform direction
- base animated tracers on speed data
- vary by colour or animation speed? or both?
- move colour values out to XML config file
Possible ideas for future versions:
- a colour legend for the speed rendering mode
- Integration with Google Maps, overlay routes on map tiles
- I’m not sure the interaction makes as much sense as it could. Half the time when I click to drag, I expect the map to move instead of rotate. The other half I’m expecting rotation.
- Holding shift and dragging might be nice as a way of moving the map
- Also, compensating for map rotation when using arrow keys would be handy.
- secret keyboard shortcuts: p to save a PNG, P to save a PDF, and r to reload all data
- initial resizable window support
- Improved GPX/TCX error handling
- speed values now indicated in km/h
- keyboard shortcuts now match UI controls, ie. hitting ‘c’ also toggles the checkbox.
- secret mode 5 improved
- reduced CPU load
- Quick toggle between 2D and 3D modes
- Add UI control for 2D / 3D toggle
- Adjusted view buttons to add animated mode
- basic animated paths (tracers)
- figure out a way to add a few extra render modes to the UI (added connectors checkbox which buys some time; still only a need for 4 buttons, though 5 is looming)
- converted lat/long coordinates to meters
- adjust all internal rendering to use meters instead of previous fudged scale
- reprojected as Mercator
- Map legend / scale indicators
- built UI elements to display scale
- figure out a more exponential zoom function so it’s faster on the low end, slower on the high end
- figure out how to convert lat/long coordinates to a UTM grid, to correct for latitude skew.
- fix scale to be accurate to reality, which probably means fixing internal scale of map
- add numbers/measurements to scale
- fix 0,0 coordinate bug with TCX
- get time working in TCX files