This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only.
Join GitHub today
Setting Up a Local Environment on Mac OS X
- To run WordPress locally on Mac OS X try MAMP.
- This template requires Postgres as the local database so install Postgres.app
- Open psql, from the menubar elephant icon, and run...
CREATE DATABASE wordpress; CREATE USER wordpress WITH PASSWORD 'wordpress'; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE wordpress to wordpress;
- In wp-config.php, edit as follows. Make sure it matches the database and user that you just created.
$db = parse_url($_ENV["DATABASE_URL"] ? $_ENV["DATABASE_URL"] : "postgres://wordpress:wordpress@localhost:5432/wordpress");
- Start MAMP and open http://localhost/wp-admin/ in a browser.
Make sure to add this folder to the htdocs folder within MAMP. Otherwise it will not run locally.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.