Welle, a Clojure client for Riak
- Be well maintained
- Be well documented
- Be well tested
- Target modern Clojure versions
- Batteries included: clojure.core.cache implementation on top of Riak and so on
- Be PaaS-friendly
Welle is a mature project that is over 2 years old and has been used to build systems that process terabytes of data per day.
- HTTP and Protocol Buffers transports
- Bucket operations: create, update, delete
- Key/Value operations: put, fetch, delete
- Secondary indexes (2i): indexing, index queries
- Counters (Riak 1.4)
- Content-type based serialization of values in common formats (bytes, JSON, Clojure data/reader, UTF-8 text, gzipped JSON)
- Riak Search support
- Storing links on values, link walking
- Map/Reduce queries
- clojure.core.cache implementation on top of Riak
- Ring session store implementation on top of Riak
- Cheshire and data.json extensions for serialization of JodaTime and JDK dates
Supported Clojure versions
Welle requires Clojure 1.4. The most recent stable Clojure release is highly recommended.
Supported Riak Versions
3.0targets Riak 1.4+ and has breaking API changes compared to
2.0targets Riak 1.4+ and has breaking API changes compared to
1.5is compatible with Riak
Welle has a mailing list. Feel free to join it and ask any questions you may have.
To subscribe for announcements of releases, important changes and so on, please follow @ClojureWerkz on Twitter.
Welle artifacts are released to Clojars.
Add dependency in your
Add Clojars repository definition to your
<repository> <id>clojars.org</id> <url>http://clojars.org/repo</url> </repository>
and then the dependency:
<dependency> <groupId>com.novemberain</groupId> <artifactId>welle</artifactId> <version>3.0.0</version> </dependency>
Documentation & Examples
Welle has documentation guides.
For additional code examples, see our test suite.
Welle Is a ClojureWerkz Project
Welle is part of the group of Clojure libraries known as ClojureWerkz, together with
and many others.
Welle has been around since 2011. The API is generally stable with some (badly needed) breaking changes coming in 2.0.
CI is hosted by travis-ci.org
Welle uses Leiningen 2. Make sure you have it installed and then run tests against all supported Clojure versions using
lein all test
Then create a branch and make your changes on it. Once you are done with your changes and all tests pass, submit a pull request on Github.
Copyright (C) 2011-2014 Michael S. Klishin