Getting started with Python
The series of videos on Channel 9 is designed to help get you up to speed on Python. If you're a beginning developer who's looking to add Python to your quiver of languages, or trying to get started on a data science or web project, these videos can help teach you the foundation necessary to walk through a quick start or other tutorial.
What you'll learn
- The basics of Python
- Starting a project
- Common syntax
- Package management
What we don't cover
- Class design and inheritance
- Asynchronous programming
- Basics of programming
As the goal of this course is to help get you up to speed on Python so you can work through a quick start, the next step after completing the videos is to follow a tutorial! Here's a few of our favorites:
- Quickstart: Detect faces in an image using the Face REST API and Python
- Quickstart: Analyze a local image using the Computer Vision REST API and Python
- Quickstart: Using the Python REST API to call the Text Analytics Cognitive Service
- Tutorial: Build a Flask app with Azure Cognitive Services
- Flask tutorial in Visual Studio Code
- Django tutorial in Visual Studio Code
This project welcomes contributions and suggestions. Most contributions require you to agree to a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) declaring that you have the right to, and actually do, grant us the rights to use your contribution. For details, visit https://cla.opensource.microsoft.com.
When you submit a pull request, a CLA bot will automatically determine whether you need to provide a CLA and decorate the PR appropriately (e.g., status check, comment). Simply follow the instructions provided by the bot. You will only need to do this once across all repos using our CLA.