2019Q1 Funding Transparency Report
Last updated: May 02 2019
This document provides a high level overview of Grin's financials for Q1 of 2019 (Jan 01 - Mar 31). The purpose is to keep the community up to date on funding activity in transparent and digestible way. This is the first attempt at such a report, and is based on financial logs that was introduced during the quarter.
- Data was up to date at the time of writing, but it's still possible that there have been changes and updates in the logs since.
- USD conversion rates are derived from the closing price of the asset on the day in question according to Coinmarketcap.com unless otherwise stated.
Status before the period
At the end of Dec 31 2018, Grin held the equivalent of $65,237.35 in the following assets:
|Currency||Amount||USD x-rate Dec 31 2018||USD Equivalent||Wallet address(es)|
- These were primarily donations towards Grin's Security Audit.
Received in the period
During Jan 01 - Mar 31 2019, Grin received the following assets:
- This does not account for BTC 16.30469134 received as a change output following a spend transaction.
- Main income came from donations towards Grin's Security Audit and to the Grin General Fund.
- The USD raised came from Blockcypher/Grinmint as a result of their organization of the grincon.us event.
- Some additional income attributed to this period was due but had not yet hit Grin's accounts, for example from the organizers of the Grin Amsterdam meetup.
Additional (unaccounted for) income
In the same period, @yeastplume also conducted a successful fundraising campaign for his work in the period March - Aug 2019.
According to @yeastplume's own records he raised €66,580 of the €55,000 Target Goal, (amounts as of Feb 3rd, 2019):
Spent in the period
During Jan 01 - Mar 31 2019, Grin spent the following assets:
- This does not account for a BTC 16.30469134 spend (that was then received) as a change output following a transaction.
- GRIN was spent as a partial donation to Ignotus Peverell for their work on the project. They are due to receive an additional ~$4,000 equivalent's worth of Grin.
- USD was spent on Discourse fees for https://grin-forum.org.
- BTC was spent as up front payment to Coinspect to initiate their work on the security audit.
Status after the period
At the end of Mar 31 2019, Grin held the equivalent of $123,423.73 in the following assets:
|Currency||Amount||USD x-rate Mar 31 2019||USD Equivalent||Wallet address(es)|
- Some minor beneficial movements in currency exchange rates.
- A bit portion of the assets will be paid to Coinspect as part of the completion of the security audit.
- ~$4,000 owed to Ignotus Peverell
- Some income from the period will be booked in the coming months.