This repository is in a read only state - but creating a fork is always an option.
Timezone selector for Angular JS
The user is able to choose their timezone by either typing the name of their country, or the name of the timezone directly.
The angular model that is bound to this directive will be set to the timezone name as used by moment-timezone i.e
Install using bower
bower install angular-timezone-selector
Make your Angular module depend on module
Then use directive
Options can be included as attributes in the html element.
- sort-by ["offset"] - This lets the list be sorted by UTC offset instead of alphabetical order.
- display-utc ["true"] - This show UTC offsets in the timezone names
- show-local ["true"] - This detects local timezone's and includes at the top. If jsTimezoneDetect is installed if will include the detected timezone otherwise it fallback on moment js and list all timezones with the same browsers UTC offset.
- set-local ["true"] - This sets ngModel to detected timezone if it's not set yet. jsTimezoneDetect must be installed for this option to work.
- primary-choices ["space seperated timezone names"] - This lets you put important timezone's at the top of the list or include extra aliases. Use names from momentjs-timezone, which you can list with the command:
- width - Sets the width of the element
An example of using the options is below:
<timezone-selector ng-model="timezone" display-utc="true" sort-by="offset" show-local="true" set-local="true" primary-choices="UTC GB WET GMT Asia/Macau" width="400px" ></timezone-selector>
The screenshot below show angular-selector in action with all options enabled:
An example of using a custom placeholder message:
<div ng-init="translations.placeholder = 'SeLecT your timezone :)'"> <timezone-selector ng-model="result" translations="translations" display-utc="true" sort-by="offset" show-local="true" primary-choices="UTC GB WET GMT Asia/Macau" name="timezone" required> </timezone-selector> </div>
or with translate:
<div ng-init="translations.placeholder = ('TIMEZONE_PLACEHOLDER' | translate)"> <timezone-selector ng-model="result" translations="translations" display-utc="true" sort-by="offset" show-local="true" primary-choices="UTC GB WET GMT Asia/Macau" name="timezone" required> </timezone-selector> </div>
With Thanks To
M Clark for adding options for primary & local timezones, and the ability to show and sort by offset.
a-k-g for fixing syntax error in data file and reminding me to update the bower tags!
Tom Grooffer for fixing a crash with JSTZ
karlhaas for fixing a crash when two instances were present on the same page and adding injectable strings and translations
G-Lex for adding the ability to set the width when creating the directive
Gu1 for making sure that moment was properly injected
tiagotex for adding the ability to set the local timezone as default, and fixing a bug where primary timezones with spaces wouldn't work
Rémy Dufour for adding Montreal as a timezone
Akiko Takano for adding more translation support