How to download from Mixcloud
This document explains how you can download a mix from Mixcloud by yourself without any third party software. However I want to recommend not doing that on your on, instead use this Mixcloud Downloader. Having said that, here's the step by step manual how to download from Mixcloud:
You need Chrome or Chromium as browser. Actually Firefox works as well, but this document refers to specifics of Chrome. Furthermore you'll need a tool to download from a URL e.g. wget.
- Go to Mixcloud.
- Open Chrome's DevTools by pressing
- Select the "Network" tab in the DevTools.
- Find the mix which you want to download on Mixcloud and start the playback.
- You now see a list of resources in the DevTools. Sort the resources by size.
- The largest resource is the mix which you can directly dowload. The URL matches the following URL template:
- Right click on that resource and select "Copy Link address". Now you have the URL of the downloadable mix in your clipboard.
- Use a download tool like wget to download the URL which you copied into your clipboard. Example: