- patch-10 and up will likely only work with Python 3 due to minor differences in the imaplib and email modules.
Downloads all unique files from Gmail attachments.
gmail_downer.py is hosted at Github https://github.com/mjseeley/Gmail-Attachment-Downloader/
- Script needs to be run via console not in an IDE, getpass.getpass() will fail otherwise.
- Make sure you have IMAP enabled in your GMail settings.
- If you are using 2 step verification you may need an APP Password.
- Reference information for GMail IMAP extension can be found here.