Mentions for Drupal 8
Flexible zero-touch @mention support for your drupal site.
Tested against Drupal 8.2.4
Still in alpha but usable.
Based on work of Drupal 7 Mentions module version 7.x-2.x https://drupal.org/project/mentions
Go to Releases https://github.com/mohankumargupta/mentionsdrupal8module/releases, download zip and extract to modules folder of your Drupal 8 installation (rename to mentions), then enable it through backend(Extend) or drush/drupal console
By default, the following mention formats are supported (for Basic and Full HTML formats):
- @username (mention by username)
- @#1 (mention by user id)
- [@Barney Rubble] (mention by username with spaces)
CKEditor autocomplete functionality is implemented. Please see the video below for a walkthrough. By default, the @username is used. Look for the Mentions toolbar dropdown, use it to change the mention format.
- Configuration->Text Formats -> Basic/Full HTML Here you can enable/disable the mentions filter. Also you can selectively enable/disable mention formats
- Structure->Mention Types If the inbuilt mention formats are insufficient, create your own types.
#Feature Completion Status
- @username will be rendered as hyperlink to username page
- @#userid will be rendered as hyperlink to username page
- [@Barney Rubble] will be rendered as hyperlink to username page
- CKEditor autocomplete
- Manage Mention Formats
- Specify order of precedence for Mention formats
- When module enabled, Mentions filter enable automatically in Basic and Full HTML text formats
- When module enabled, CKEditor autocomplete functionality enabled
- When module enabled, CKEditor Change Mentions Format dropdown available
- Give user ability to disable CKEditor autocomplete
- View Support for Mentions
- Actions for Mentions
- Settings Admin Page
Development TODO List
- Conform to Coding standards
- Passing PHP unit tests
- Passing Behat tests