$ sudo apt-get install build-essential make libpurple-dev libmrss0-dev $ sudo apt-get build-dep libpurple0 download/clone the newest libpurple-feed version $ cd libpurple-feed $ sudo make $ sudo make install
- Restart your client if you haven't already done so, ideally in debug mode (e.g.
- "Accounts" > "Manage Accounts" > "New"
- Select the PurpleFeed protocol
- Enter an account name
- Set any additional options in the "Advanced" and "Proxy" tabs
- Save the account
- "Accounts" > "Enable Account" > Enable your account
- Set your status to "Available"
- "Buddies" > "Add Buddy..."
- Select a PurpleFeed account for the new buddy
Usernameis the feed's URL
- Enter an
Aliasif you want to
- Choose a
Groupor create a new one (Note: Groups will allow you to bundle different feeds together)
- Save buddy and you're done
- Note: There's currently no automated fetch & display method, you have to force it, so...
- If the buddy's status is shown as available, open the context menu (right-click on the buddy) and choose "Feed URL Test" to force a feed update
TODO / Known bugs
- Some sort of caching?
- Maybe port libmrss to libpurple's libxml2?
- Some custom UI dialogs?
- Proper Buddy struct?