Firefox for Echo Show
Available on all Echo Show devices: "Alexa, open Firefox!"
Our code is open source and we encourage all positive contributions! We love pull requests, bug reports, ideas, (security) code reviews and other kinds of contributions. Before you contribute, please read the Community Participation Guidelines.
- Guide to Contributing (new contributors start here!)
- Open issues: https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-echo-show/issues
- IRC: #focus (irc.mozilla.org) | view logs; we're available Monday-Friday, GMT and PST working hours.
- Mailing list: firefox-focus-public@
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/firefox-echo-show.git
- Import the project into Android Studio or build on the command line:
./gradlew clean app:assembleAmazonWebviewDebug
- Make sure to select the right build variant in Android Studio: amazonWebviewDebug
You can run from Android Studio or adb.
For recommendations on which devices and emulators to run on, see device reference.
To run a reasonable subset of the unit tests, we recommend:
To generate code coverage reports, run:
./gradlew -Pcoverage jacocoAmazonWebViewDebugTestReport
Reports can be found at
Since we don't have CI, if you're pushing code, please add a pre-push hook. To use the recommended hook, run this command from the project root:
ln -s ../../quality/pre-push-recommended.sh .git/hooks/pre-push
To push without running the pre-push hook (e.g. doc updates):
git push <remote> --no-verify
Signing release builds
To build and sign a release build with our production keys using Autograph, run:
If you're not creating a release but want to create a release build for
local testing, you can append
--test to ignore some release checks.
See that script's source for further usage.
This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/