mmp (Micro Music Player)
- gtk+-3.0 (Tested with >= 3.14)
note: You can get prebuilt of libvlc at https://nightlies.videolan.org/build/
GNU/Linux (Works properly).
MSYS2 with x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ as CXX
$ ./configure CXX=x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ # (Works properly).
- liblvc build obtain at: <https://nightlies.videolan.org/build/>
Else pacman provide a git build of libvlc but currently
you won't be able to redistribute it due of a bug from the library build.
MACOSX (Version Sierra) (Works properly).
- libvlc self-build search at http://wwww.open-source-projects/index/ to get it.
Tested but not works on:
with as CXX:
- g++ (Compilation and install success but BUG by choosing music folder or file(s) to play).
- x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ (Doesn't Compile due of gtk+-3.18 implementation).
Simply type:$ ./configure $ make $ sudo make install
|note:||Sea the file INSTALL for further informations.|
|warning:||On Mac Os X it seems that a bug must be corrected by typing:
mmpversion 3.0, was written on an
Then adapt to:
- Windows 7 (64 bits), and compiled with a native
- MacOS Sierra, and compiled with the g++ compiler.
So some functionalities are not available on some portages, very sorry !
Windows: This program was tested on a Windows 7 64 bits system and should work on Windows versions >= 7. MacOS: This program was tested on a Mac OS Sierra, I don't know about retro-compatiblity and future O.S release compatiblity.
Thanks to my beloved mother, my family and to the doctors.
Stay away from drugs: drugs destroy your brain and your life.
Thanks to my uncle too, who let free usage of his Mac O.S, for the development of mmp version 1.0,
during my holydays where i write this lines from...
By the way Mac O.S seems to me a little bit strange the first times but i think it’s good stuff finally.
I think that Mac compile right with his
C++ compilerbut not verbose enough about errors.
terminalis near enough from the GNU/Linux
so that i could work...
Micro Music Player a very simple play a folder or a file music player. Copyright (C) 2015, 2016 Brüggemann Eddie. This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Presentation from mmp (Micro Music Player)
mmp is a little, minimal features, music player program with following simple functionalities:
- Play, Stop, Pause, Resume music playing.
- Playing Next, Previous, song control options.
- Shuffle, Repeat All and Repeat One features.
- Timeline view, control and current elapsed time displaying.
- Volume control setting.
mmp is an easy music folder or files playing concept music player so that you only have to select a folder which contains some mmp compatible music file(s) to play it content, or selecting a list of compatible music files.
After listing the folder content or file(s) and searching for an cover image to display ; mmp will give you full access to the music folder content or file(s) and display the album cover image if found.
A cover image is in form of a compatible image file resized to mmp 3 differents, free choosable, fixed interface sizes (little, middle, big).
Then mmp play the folder content or the selected music files in lexicographic sorted order (so as your O.S present you the files) or in shuffle mode.
And the cover image is displayed, except you're using the Minimal interface.
You can access the playlist to choose a music file to play immediatly.
Play a folder content.
Play files, to play the selected file instead of an entire folder.
Display a window displaying the playable files from the folder content i.e the file playlist.
The current playing music file is marked with an icon in the marging.
You can double-click on a file to play it.
You can switch between the normal interface which present a cover if possible or a minimal interface which doesn't present any cover image.
note: The Minimal Interface looks like a car radio !
Everytime you open music file(s) or a directory for listening music, mmp will store it
in the recent folders list.
note: Only the folders registered by mmp will appear in the recent folder list.
Timeline progressbar: displaying the progress of the music file reading, which you can drag the slider from to change the current position of the music file.
Elapsed time of the current music file reading displaying.
Send notification to the user at song playing start (Not available on Windows nor Mac and subject of restrictions on GNU/Linux).
Restriction on GNU/Linux systems.
For using Gtk notification a dbus connection is required.
And I doubt that all GNU/Linux distribution use the
DBus desktop messaging processing system.
And notify that: I cite the Gtk documentation,
There is no guarantee that the notification is displayed immediately, or even at all.
Configure program: at your convenience.
The Configure program window is divided into 3 pages:
- Player settings
- You can click-on, click-off the repeat all | Repeat one and shuffle mode to be set as you want.
- You can change the volume intensity (from 0.0 to 1.0, which default to 0.5.) to be set as the default volume intensity from the program.
- You can set the default music folder used when you open a folder, you immediately in !
warning: Feature not available on Windows but Windows store your precedent location in the file selector.
- You can choose the icons set to use in the interface: 2 different sets available.
- The HighContrast icon set theme: black and white icons.
- The Oxygen icon set theme: colored icons.
- You can choose the theme variant:
- Dark (if available).
- You can choose the main size from the interface from 3 available sizes:
- Little size.
- Middle size.
- Big size.
- Misc (Not available on Windows nor Mac)
- Set Micro Music Player as default music player.
- Enable/Disable Send Notifications.
- You can Enable and Disable the Minimal interface as you want.
Changes are immediately applied on the program,
You must press the Apply button to store the settings, so that you can get it back at every new start from the program.
When you press the stop button or your playlist is finished,
you can simply press the play button to relaunch it from the beginning.
Current song presentation:
The current playing song displaying entry field is formatted like this:
[N°/Total] - Author - Title
You can open a folder or files with mmp through your file navigator or start it with the commandline:
$ mmp [folder|file(s)]path # mmp is a symbolic link.
What mmp not does:
mmp provide nothing else features:
- No music library indexing feature.
- No database connection for cover images downloading or any indexing.
So mmp stay as simple as possible: as a simple play files or a folder content, with no internet connection required anyway, only your music folder and mmp.
This is because i implement it at start only for personnal usage so it´s a personnal requirement builded program,
but finally i decide to distribute it because mmp is so easy, as in the concept as the short source code,
so that you can use it like this or modify it, in the way you want, according to the terms of the GPLv3 license.
mmp menus and shortcuts
Ctrl + F-> Open file(s).
Ctrl + D-> Open directory. (Not available on Windows).
- Recent folders list.
Ctrl + Q-> Quit the application.
Ctrl + P-> Play | Pause the music.
Ctrl + S-> Stop music.
Ctrl + N-> Next song in the playlist.
Ctrl + B-> Previous song in the playlist (Backward).
Ctrl + R-> Enable | Disable Repeat all feature.
Ctrl + Maj + R-> Enable | Disable Repeat one feature.
- Repeat off.
Ctrl + S-> Enable | Disable Shuffle feature.
Ctrl + +-> Increment volume.
Ctrl + --> Decrement volume.
Ctrl + Maj + P-> Display playlist.
Ctrl + M-> Enable | Disable Minimal interface.
Ctrl + T-> Enable the light theme.
Ctrl + Maj + T-> Enable the dark theme (if available).
Ctrl + I-> Enable the Oxygen icon set.
Ctrl + Maj + I-> Enable the HighContrast icon set.
Ctrl + C-> Display Configuration window.
- Info ?
Ctrl + N-> Display The notice.
On Windows: This works well as long as the
startcommand is still present on your system.
Else you can type
``Micro Music Player notice``into your Windows O.S search bar to read the notice.
Ctrl + A-> Display the About window.
mmp supported filetypes:
Music files filetypes:
The most common music filetypes:
- mp3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer III or MPEG-2 Audio Layer III).
- ogg (Ogg Vorbis).
- flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec).
- wav (WAVEform audio file format).
- wma (Windows Media Audio).
- aac (Advanced Audio Coding).
- ac3 (Dolby Digital).
- mid or midi (Musical Instrument Digital Interface).
- ape (Monkey’s Audio).
- mov (QuickTime).
Else the complete supported filetypes list:
Cover image filetypes:
The most common images formats:
- jpeg, jpg, jpe (Joint Photographic Experts Group).
- png (Portable Network Graphics).
- bmp, dib (bitmap image file or device independent bitmap).
- tiff, tif (Tagged Image File Format).
In fact all the image filetypes supported by gdk-pixbuf. Which are on my system:
note: The supported image files are automatic detected in relationship to gdk-pixbuf.