Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the MSYS2 Wiki
- Introduction - overview and important information
- Installing and upgrading - required reading for all users
- Re-installing from scratch - in case of unrecoverable problems
- Building packages and contributing - how packages are built and how to make new ones
- Creating packages - a shorter version of the above
- MSYS2 vs. Cygwin - differences and similarities
- MSYS2 on Wine - how to install and use MSYS2 under Wine
- Porting for MSYS2 or MinGW-w64 - useful resources and common issues
- Tips for investigating package issues using GDB on Qt Creator - when things get complicated, good tools are important (WIP)
- Package list - list of packages we provide
- Launchers - various ways to launch MSYS2 shells
- Distributing software without pacman - how to bundle your software built using MSYS2, including all required dependencies, to non-MSYS2-users
- FAQ - how to bundle your software built using MSYS2, including all required dependencies, to non-MSYS2-users
- About terminals, consoles and shells
- Setting up SSHd on MSYS2
- Developer discussion
- Signing packages (draft)
If you have any problems with the POSIX side of MSYS2 (e.g. ssh, home directories, user accounts, native symlinks, signal handling, ...), try to consult the Cygwin documentation first, as a lot of what's written there applies to MSYS2 as well.
There is also an excellent introduction from Matthieu Vachon describing MSYS2, the shells, pacman and other stuff in a less technical, more practical way.
Some pages on the Git for Windows wiki are relevant to MSYS2 as well.
With thanks to: