Clone this wiki locally
httpclient - HTTP accessing library. Copyright (C) 2000-2011 NAKAMURA, Hiroshi email@example.com.
'httpclient' gives something like the functionality of libwww-perl (LWP) in Ruby. 'httpclient' formerly known as 'http-access2'.
See API Doc for documentation.
- methods like GET/HEAD/POST/* via HTTP/1.1.
- HTTPS(SSL), Cookies, proxy, authentication(Digest, NTLM, Basic), etc.
asynchronous HTTP request, streaming HTTP request.
by contrast with net/http in standard distribution;
- Cookies support
- streaming POST (POST with File/IO)
- Digest auth
- Negotiate/NTLM auth for WWW-Authenticate (requires net/htlm module; rubyntlm gem)
- NTLM auth for Proxy-Authenticate (requires 'win32/sspi' module; rubysspi gem)
- extensible with filter interface
- you don't have to care HTTP/1.1 persistent connection (httpclient cares instead of you)
Not supported now
- Rather advanced HTTP/1.1 usage such as Range, deflate, etc. (of course you can set it in header by yourself)
- Name:: NAKAMURA, Hiroshi
- E-mail:: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project web site:: http://github.com/nahi/httpclient
This program is copyrighted free software by NAKAMURA, Hiroshi. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms of Ruby's license; either the dual license version in 2003, or any later version.
httpclient/session.rb is based on http-access.rb in http-access/0.0.4. Some part of code in http-access.rb was recycled in http-access2.rb. Those part is copyrighted by Maehashi-san who made and distributed http-access/0.0.4. Many thanks to Maehashi-san.
You can install httpclient with rubygems.
% gem install httpclient
You can install httpclient with the bundled installer script.
$ ruby install.rb
It will install lib/* to your site_ruby directory such as /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/.
For uninstall, delete installed files from your site_ruby directory.
See API Doc for documentation. You can also check sample/howto.rb how to use APIs.
Gem repository for stable version
Bug report or Feature request
If you have any problem, please file a ticket at "http://github.com/nahi/httpclient/issues":http://github.com/nahi/httpclient/issues
- Changes in 2.2.0
- Changes in 2.1.7
- Changes in 2.1.6
- Changes in 2.1.5
- Changes in 2.1.4
- Changes in 2.1.3
- Changes in 2.1.2
- Changes in 2.1.1
- Changes in 2.1.0
- Changes in 2.0.9
- Changes in 2.0.8
- Changes in 2.0.7
- Changes in 2.0.6