Jep Java GPL
The offical Jep - Java Expression Parser GPL release v. 2.4.1.
This project was originally started on Sourceforge and has moved to github to allow easier forking.
Jep Java parses and evaluates mathematical expressions with only a few lines of code. This package allows your users to enter a formula as a string, and instantly evaluate it. Jep supports user defined variables, constants, and functions. A number of common mathematical functions and constants are included.
- Small size
- Fast evaluation
- Includes common math functions and operators
- Supports Boolean expressions
- Extendable and configurable architecture
- Support for strings, vectors and complex numbers
- Support for implicit multiplication
- Allows declared or undeclared variables
- Extensive documentation
- Includes JavaCC grammar from which the main classes are generated
The commercial 3.x release (http://singularsys.com/jep) includes additional features:
- Improved evaluation speed
- High precision using BigDecimals
- Substantially increased customizability