We have not been publically released nGrinder for last 2 years. It's true that we thought previous nGrinder was enough for our internal use.
As time goes by, surrounding circumstances(for example Java version or Docker) was been changing.. So we decided to continously enhance nGrinder.
- New features and changes
- Support Java 1.8
- nGrinder now supports Java 1.8. Controller supports java 1.7 or above and Agent supports java 1.6 or above.
- Provide elaborated script generator
- Since nGrinder 3.0, we provided the script generation wizard that helps users easily create a default script.
- In nGrinder 3.4, you can choose one of methods such as GET, POST and set HTTP headers and cookies in script creation form, then it will create useful example codes for you.
- Provide a brand new nGrinder script recorder
- A few years ago, we had released the script recorder based on JXBrowser. However it was not easy to run it due to several reasons.
- Now, we have developed a brand-new script recorder from the scratch using the Chrome extension technology. If you are using Chrome browser, you can install nGrinder Script Recorder package.
- See https://github.com/naver/ngrinder/wiki/nGrinder-Recorder-Guide
- Provide the dockerized nGrinder
- Now, dockerize is becoming as one of fashions now. You can easily run dockerized nGrinder.
- See https://hub.docker.com/r/ngrinder/controller/
- Introduce new plugin architecture based on the PF4J
- Previously we have used Atlassian Plugin Framework(APF) for plugins. However we found out it was too overwhelmed way to ngrinder extension and also found there are not much developers familiar with it.
- So we dropped APF and adopt PF4J instead. See https://github.com/naver/ngrinder/wiki/How-to-develop-plugin for details.
- Add intro.js for easy understanding.
- You can find the very small button "Tip" on every pages. Click it and see what it is.
- Support Java 1.8
- Special Thanks To @chengaomin