A launcher for Tor written in Python and PyQt5.
Provided that you have all the dependencies installed, to get and launch OnionLauncher from a Git clone:
$ git clone https://github.com/neelchauhan/OnionLauncher.git $ cd OnionLauncher/OnionLauncher/ $ python main.py
python with the name (and path, if needed) of the Python intepreter.
A usage guide can be found on the author's website.
OnionLauncher vs. TorNova
While OnionLauncher is similar to a previous project I have done, TorNova, it is fundamentally different in the following:
- OnionLauncher uses Qt and PyQt5. TorNova uses GTK 3 and PyGObject.
- The reason why I chose Qt instead of GTK is because GTK support on Windows and OS X (soon to be called macOS) is awful.
- Both TorNova and OnionLauncher use Stem.
- OnionLauncher lets users add arbitary options (anything in
torrcis supported). TorNova only let users select options which are defined in the code.
- TorNova has logfile and circuit viewing. OnionLauncher would require third party programs (like arm to get this functionality).
- TorNova automatically saves preferences. OnionLauncher does not (at the current moment).