Formal Specifications of the MLT Multi-Level Theory
This project includes formal specifications of the Multi-Level Theory (MLT) and its generalization MLT*.
There are two specifications of MLT in order to support the validation and verification of the theory using the Alloy Analyzer (used in ):
- mlt.als - The first specification of MLT, which assumes static classification
- mlt_dynamicclassification.als - A minor extension of MLT, indexing the primitive "instance of" predicate with a world variable w, thereby including support for dynamic classification in MLT.
There is also a specification of MLT* in Alloy comprising the following files (used in ):
- mlt_star.als - The specification of MLT* containing all of its definitions;
- mlt_star_validation.als - The validation of MLT*, containg a series of simulations and constraints that arise from its definitions;
- mlt_theme_clean1.thm - A basic theme for instance visualization;
- mlt_theme_clean2.thm - A cleaner theme for instance visualization.
For further information see:
- Carvalho, V. A., Almeida, J. P. A.: Toward a well-founded theory for multi-level conceptual modeling. Software & Systems Modeling, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10270-016-0538-9
- Almeida, J. P. A., Fonseca, C. M., Carvalho, V. A., A Comprehensive Formal Theory for Multi-level Conceptual Modeling. In: 36th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2017), 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69904-2_2
- João Paulo A. Almeida;
- Claudenir M. Fonseca;
- Victorio A. Carvalho;