🗞 Newspipe 🗞
Newspipe is a web-based news aggregator and reader.
- can be easily deployed on Heroku or on a traditional server;
- multiple users can use a Newspipe instance;
- a RESTful API to manage your articles (or connect your own crawler);
- data liberation: export and import all your account with a JSON file;
- export and import feeds with OPML files;
- favorite articles;
- detection of inactive feeds;
- share articles with Google +, Pinboard and reddit;
- personal management of bookmarks (with import from Pinboard).
Python >= 3.7.0 is required.
Test Newspipe on Heroku:
It is important to specify an application name and the URL of your instance (PLATFORM_URL) through the Heroku form.
Contributions are welcome. If you want to contribute to Newspipe I highly recommend you to install it in a Python virtual environment. For example:
sudo apt-get install postgresql npm
git clone https://gitlab.com/newspipe/newspipe.git cd newspipe/ pipenv install ✨🍰✨ npm install cp src/conf/conf.cfg-sample src/conf/conf.cfg pipenv shell python src/manager.py db_create python src/runserver.py * Running on http://0.0.0.0:5000/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)