ScanCode Workbench provides an advanced visual UI to help you quickly evaluate license and other notices identified by ScanCode. ScanCode detects licenses, copyrights and other interesting information in your code.
- You can download the latest release
for your operating system or build it yourself (see below). Once downloaded, you
- ScanCode Workbench >= v4 is only compatible with scans from
ScanCode v32.0.0 and
above which are run with the ScanCode
-ioption. For a list of available ScanCode options see How To: Set what will be detected in a scan
scancode -clipeu <input> <output_file>
- We have provided a set of sample scans that you can quickly review in ScanCode Workbench in order to get a sense of its functionality and the types of information captured by a scan. The samples are located at https://github.com/nexB/scancode-workbench/tree/develop/samples.
- Import a ScanCode JSON file, and see what components are in your software! See the documentation for more information on how to use ScanCode Workbench.
You'll need Node.js (which comes with npm) installed on your computer in order to build this app. For a list of platform specific requirements, see the Building section of the documentation. Then, from your command line:
# Clone this repository $ git clone https://github.com/nexB/scancode-workbench.git # Go into the repository $ cd scancode-workbench # Install dependencies and run the app $ npm install # Run the app $ npm start
You'll need python 3.x to run the build. You can build a
dist directory containing executables for your platform
Note: Due to usage of native modules, a build must be done on target platform only.
$ npm run publish
After building is done, you can find
dist/ScanCode-Workbench-<os>-x64-<version>. Archives (tar.gz and .zip) are
Run tests using:
$ npm test
- Multiple licenses (LGPL, MIT, BSD, etc.) for third-party components.
See the NOTICE file for more details.
If you have a question, a suggestion or find a bug, enter an issue.
For questions and chats, you can join the Gitter channel at https://matrix.to/#/#aboutcode-org_scancode-workbench:gitter.im