NeXus Code Camp - January 2020
The 2020 NeXus Code Camp is scheduled for 3 days in January 2020: Jan 21 (Tuesday) - 23 (Thursday). The code camp will take place at the Advanced Photon Source, Argonne National Laboratory, IL, USA (near Chicago).
(We used an online poll to help decide the exact dates.)
NeXus periodically convenes a Code Camp to develop NeXus software components through intense effort by small groups working on specific projects and tasks. It is expected that those attending the 2020 NeXus Code Camp will already have a strong foundation and understanding in aspects of the NeXus software and come ready with knowledge, tools, and ideas to make significant progress during the event. The specific projects and tasks are described on the GitHub issue tracker and will be revised as the event draws near. Issues from the full list may be (re)assigned to this milestone.
(For more info on code camps, try searching Google for “code camp” or “codeathon”. Events such as the EPICS Codeathon would be reasonable templates for this NeXus code camp.)
The list of Attendees is here.
You must notify the host of your visit in advance to arrange site access. Also, see the section below titled ANL Visitor Registration.
- Conference fee: no fee
- food at morning and afternoon breaks will be provided
- perhaps (no guarantee) a small meeting souvenir
- regular meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) will be traveler's expense
ANL Visitor Registration
The Argonne visitor registration form is for individuals who are visiting employees.
Argonne visitor registration form: https://apps.anl.gov/registration/visitors/
Indicate that you are visiting Pete Jemian.
- Pete Jemian
- X-ray Science Division
- Advanced Photon Source, Argonne National Laboratory
- 9700 South Cass Avenue
- Argonne, IL 60439 USA
- email: email@example.com
- office phone: +1-630-252-3189 (forwards to mobile)
- Google voice: +1-847-859-9775 (forwards to mobile)
Building 437 (LOM 437 on the sign), Conference Room C010 (Advanced Photon Source)
Please reserve your own rooms directly with the hotel:
Argonne Guest House
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Avenue - Building 460
Argonne, IL 60439
Web site: http://www.anlgh.org/
telephone: +1-800-632-8990, +1-630-739-6000
General information: Visiting the APS
- Chicago O'Hare (ORD): international
- Chicago Midway (MDW): domestic
- Milwaukee, WI Mitchell Field (MKE): distant alternative
- Call for a taxi pickup only after you have all your bags
- Must be a taxi that goes to Chicago suburbs
- suburban taxi will pickup in second lane of arrivals at Chicago O'Hare airport
- http://www.americantaxi.com, 1-800-244-1177 (automated system)
- ... others ...
airport bus: http://www.airportexpress.com/shuttles/ohare.html
|projector & screen||host|
|LCD displays, keyboards, & mice||host|
|120 VAC, 60 Hz, US-style 3-prong extension cords||sufficient||host|
|foreign electrical power adapter||as needed||traveler|
- No meals are provided by the code camp.
- Light refreshments will be available for the breaks.
- Attendees of the will decide ad hoc on where to have their meals.
Since this is not to be a meeting of the full NIAC, no business matters can be resolved.
Resolve issues to prepare next release of NXDL.
- We should take this opportunity to provide the standard Introduction to NeXus as a public presentation.
- We should allow time for an open, working lunch on one of the days to interact with the community able to attend.
- If someone wishes to make any other public presentation, either during, before, or after the Code Camp, please contact the host.
- arrive evening before the Code Camp
- conference check-in Day 1 morning
- meet Day 1
- meet Day 2
- meet Day 3
- checkout next day morning
Here is the daily schedule:
|9:00 - 10:15 AM||meeting||work on projects and tasks|
|10:15 - 10:45 AM||morning break||(included)|
|10:45 AM - 12:00 PM||meeting||work on projects and tasks|
|12:00 - 1:15 PM||lunch||offsite, traveler's expense|
|1:15 - 3:15 PM||meeting||work on projects and tasks|
|3:15 - 3:30 PM||afternoon break||(included)|
|3:30 - 5:00 PM||meeting||work on projects and tasks|
|5:00 - 6:00 PM||meeting||daily summary (plenary)|
- late-afternoon wrap-up (plenary) each day
- morning and afternoon breaks will be included in amenities charge
- breakfast, lunch, dinner will be in a local restaurant at traveler's expense
- Check-in, Welcome, and introductions
- Decide which GitHub issues to work on and resolve during this code camp.
- make release (or release candidate) of NXDL per release procedure
Minutes for the meeting
Day 1 morning
Day 1 afternoon
Day 2 morning
Day 2 afternoon
Day 3 morning
Day 3 afternoon
page source: GitHub link