Zebras Project Roadmap
Objectives of zebras
- Create an enjoyable-to-use alternative to pandas in JS so that we can accomplish more of the steps of our data projects - in particular, data manipulation/cleaning and analysis - without leaving the JS ecosystem.
- Accomplish this in a functional style
- No dedicated dataframe class with special methods - just native JS data structures.
- All functions accept data as an input and return an altered copy - no 'in place' mutations.
- All functions are curried to enable piping.
- Leverage the existing, excellent Ramda as much as possible.
Build out core functionality
The first priority is to build out core pandas functionality not yet present in zebras such as:
- Merge (pandas doc) (zebras issue)
- GroupBy/Agg/etc. (pandas doc) (zebras issue)
- Resampling (pandas doc; see also here) (zebras issue)
Fill in nice-to-have missing functions
The next priority is to fill in the bells and whistles, such as:
Finally, what features are not present in pandas that the JS ecosystem would be particularly suited for? Ideas welcome!