Parcel Github Pages Boilerplate
A Parcel boilerplate to automatically deploy on Github Pages using Github Actions.
Included tools and libraries
- Parcel: The zero configuration web application bundler
- Sass: The CSS pre-compiler.
- Bootstrap 4: The CSS framework, its SCSS files are compiled by Parcel which allows to override the theme. (The provided theme is Cerulean from Bootswatch.)
- Eslint with the standard configuration: Because everyone should use a linter nowadays.
- Font Awesome: Everyone needs icons right ? The provided version does not use a CDN, they are automatically bundled during the build.
How to use it
- Fork this repository and publish it in a new Github repository.
- Go in the settings of your repository and under
Github Pagesconfirm that you want your Github Pages website to be built from the
gh-pagesbranch. The settings page should then indicate you the URL of your deployed website, which should be
https://<your github account>.github.io/<the repository name>/in most cases.
- Change something in your website to trigger a build and deployment (as example changing the text in
Any following push to the
master branch will automatically trigger the Github Actions workflow that will build and deploy your website to Github Pages.
To install the requirements:
To start the project in development mode (automatically re-compiles the code):
To check the code with eslint (the CI will fail if this step doesn't pass):
npm run lint
To automatically fix the lint problems:
npm run lint:fix
Other Github Pages related projects
I'm a fan of Github Pages for the possibilities it offers to anyone to publish a website for free. I have multiple projects that could be of interest if that's your case too: