DDL Extension for StarUML
This extension for StarUML (http://staruml.io) support to generate DDL (Data Definition Language) from ERD. Install this extension from Extension Manager of StarUML.
How to use
- Click the menu (
Tools > DDL > Generate DDL...)
- Select a data model that will be generated to DDL.
- Save the generated DDL to a file.
Belows are the rules to convert from ERD elements to DDL.
- All entities and columns are converted to create table statements as follow:
CREATE TABLE entity1 ( col1 INTEGER, col2 VARCHAR(20), ... );
- Primary keys are converted as follow:
CREATE TABLE entity1 ( pk1 INTEGER, pk2 VARCHAR(10), ... PRIMARY KEY (pk1, pk2, ...) );
- Not-nullable columns are converted as follow:
CREATE TABLE entity1 ( col1 VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL, ... );
- Unique columns are converted as follow:
CREATE TABLE entity1 ( ... UNIQUE (col1, col2, ...) );
- Foreign keys are converted as follow:
CREATE TABLE entity1 ( fk1 INTEGER, ... ); ... ALTER TABLE entity1 ADD FOREIGN KEY (fk1) REFERENCES entity2(col1);
Quote Identifiersoption is selected, all identifiers will be surrounded by a backquote character.
CREATE TABLE `entity1` ( `col1` INTEGER, `col2` VARCHAR(20), ... );
Drop Tablesoption is selected, drop table statements will be included.
(MySQL selected in
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0; DROP TABLE IF EXISTS entity1; ... SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1; CREATE TABLE entity1 (...); ...
(Oracle selected in
DROP TABLE entity1 CASCADE CONSTRAINTS;` ... CREATE TABLE entity1 (...); ...
Any contributions are welcome. If you find a bug or have a suggestion, please post as an issue.