A repo containing the learning materials for the course 'Game Engine Architecture with UE4' taught at the University of Sofia.
See the lectures rendered at nikoladimitroff.github.io/Game-Engine-Architecture
See the Action RPG sample project at https://github.com/k1p1/UE4TopDownARPG
See the SUSI sample project at https://github.com/nikoladimitroff/UE4_SusiPlugin
We welcome PRs. To run the slides locally:
Read the docs of Reveal.js to understand how the syntax works
Clone the repo
Run an http server in the directory containing the repo. If the repo is in repos/Game-Engine-Architecture, then run the server in repos, NOT in Game-Engine-Architecture.
- If you have nodejs installed (recommended):
npm install http-server -g cd repos http-server -p 8080
- If you have python installed:
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080
Modify the slides as you want, CTRL + F5 in the browser to see the changes
If you are adding local resources, you need to put them in both lectures/resources/ and in revealjs/resources/.
- snake_case.jpg for file names
- prefer local resources to external online resources, as externals can go missing
- do add sources
- the main branch for this repo is gh-pages as we use github pages to host the lectures
Don't update revealjs blindly - there are custom changes to the reveal.js/highlight.js plugin, marked with