Conserve - is a linux backup utility.
Conserve is designed to use LVM snapshots and 'dd' to create images of partitions. But it can backup files and non-LVM partitions too. It is writed on ruby.
Conserve can do:
- 1. Backup block devices with LVM snapshots and dd.
- 2. Backup MBR.
- 3. Backup files from LVM snapshot or from "live" fs.
- 4. Backup files using rsync.
- 5. Backup to SMB(CIFS) or NFS share.
- 6. Collect information useful on restore.
- 7. Find out what to backup for bare metal restore.
- 8. Send report by email.
More information can be found here - http://conserve.magic-beans.org/about