The Azure DevOps Migration Tools allow you to bulk edit and migrate data between Team Projects on both Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Azure DevOps Services. You can find out why this tooling exists and you can access the documentation to find out how. This project is published as code on GitHub as well as a Azure DevOps Migration Tools on Chocolaty.
What can you do with this tool?
- Assist in Bulk Editing of Work Items
- Migrate Work Items & Test Management from one Team Project to another
- Merge Team Projects
- Migrate Work Items & Test Management from one account or collection to another
- Assist in changing process templates
There are many other uses that you might put the tools to but migrating your entire TFS\Azure DevOps Server Collection to Azure DevOps Services is not one of them. You should also consider the Azure DevOps Migration Service from Microsoft.
External Walkthroughs and Reviews
- TFS 2017 Migration To VSTS with VSTS Sync Migrator from Mohamed Radwan
- Options migrating TFS to VSTS from Richard Fennell
Getting the Tools
There are two ways to use these tools:
You are seeing:
- All work is done is Azure DevOps Services and then synched to GitHub for publication
- All Branches are published as pre-release builds
The Technical Details