Slick Google Map
Tags: google map, google map widget, jquery tabs, clustering, marker clustering, map styles, styling, google map styles, google map short code, google map short code, map widget, map short code, fully documented, marker, controls, size, KML, GPX, GeoRSS, location by latitude/longitude, location by address, info window, directions, traffic/bike lanes, cross browser, google maps v3, google, multiple markers, panoramio photos, marker icons, custom marker icons and text, geo, geo mashup, marker geo mashup, custom marker text, openstreetmap
Requires at least: 3.6
Tested up to: 4.3.1 Stable tag: 0.3
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
A simple and intuitive, yet elegant and fully documented Google map plugin that installs as a widget and a short code.
A simple and intuitive, yet elegant and fully documented Google map plugin that installs as a widget and a short code. Packed with useful features (geo mashup, KML support, custom marker icons, …), this plugin is fully free and open source – no need for yearly subscriptions or expensive purchases. The only Google Map plugin you will ever need for your WordPress blog!
- Intuitive and user friendly interface, which makes it very easy to configure Google map. No complex configuration options. OpenStreetMap imagery available
- With over 250 amazing custom marker icons to choose from!
- Aggregate all markers from your published content in one map - Marker Geo Mashup!
- Dozens of configuration options to choose from, including marker clustering
- Add end-user's current GPS location to the map! Useful for end-users that want to find directions from their current location to map's markers
- Fully documented. If help tooltips are not enough, you can always refer to the full documentation about each of the settings
- Shortcode builder available, which integrates with post/page editor.
- Insert saved shortcodes directly to posts/pages
- Widget enabled.
- Compatible with jQuery tabs! No more poorly rendered map on your site!
- Compatible with W3 Total Cache, read the solution
Licenses: The plugin uses wonderful custom marker icons from the Maps Icons Collection project by Nicolas Mollet.
This plugin is a fork of the Comprehensive Google Map Plugin by Alexander Zagniotov. Thanks to Alexander for his excellent work and putting the code under GPL.
- Norbert Preining
Former Project Lead
- Alexander Zagniotov
- Honza Rameš
Install this plugin by downloading and unzipping the ZIP archive into your plugins directory (/wp-content/plugins). Alternatively, you can upload the ZIP archive using Wordpress upload function. Activate the plugin in order to start using it.
To use the widget, simply drag the 'Slick Google Map' widget into a sidebar. Please note, your theme has to be widget-enabled. To change the styles of the contact form, open style.css file in the plugin editor in Wordpress. The short code builder can be found under the post/page editor. To access documentation please find "Google Map" link, under the "Settings" in your Wordpress admin panel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the short code builder?
After plugin installation look for the 'Google Map' menu item on the left hand side of your WP admin. The 'Shortcode builder' item is just there. After generating the short code, copy the contents of the popup and paste int your post/page.
How to make W3 Total Cache to work with your plugin? http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-make-w3-total-cache-plugin-to-play-nicely-together
Is your plugin compatible with jQuery Tabs or other tabs? Yes
Where is plugin documentation?
After plugin activation, look at the left hand side menu of WP admin, look for "Google Map" item
Do I lose my saved shortcodes after plugin update?
No, they will still be there
Whats the correct way to define coordinates? The safest option are decimal coordinates:
[a] 43.6387194445, -116.2413513485235
but one can use practically any reasonable format, including the following:
[b] N43°38 19.39, W116°14 28.86
[c] 43°38 19.39N, 116°14 28.86W
[d] 43 38 19.39, -116 14 28.86
- rebranding the 9.1.2 release of the Comprehensive Google Map Plugin
- remove export code to MMpro
- rename widget
- allow for editing of saved shortcodes (Closes: github#1)
- fix support for parsing (nearly) arbitrary coordinates (Closes: github#9)
- currently none