a. Street View is Awesome! We can go so many places!
But can we see more?
All Street View panoramas are spherical, but we can only see a small part of the image. This is what the panoramas look like in their raw form:
OK. This looks cool, but is slightly confusing. We can't look at the whole image at once.
b. What is stereographic projection?
c. Interesting Places:
- Construction in Hong Kong
- Admiralty, Hong Kong
- LA 110 Freeway
- SF Chinatown
- NYC Zuccotti Park
- Arashiyama, Kyoto
- Taipei 101
- Daibutsu, Nara
- Leake St, London
- Setenil de las Bodegas
d. We can edit the shader, too!
- Trippy by @flight404
- Heat Distortion by @notlion
- Faux Tilt-Shift by @voorbeeld
- Wulff Net by @notlion
- Fear & Loathing by @theowatson
- Random Shuffle by @notlion
- Abstract Random Shuffle by @notlion
e. Related Projects
- Cr24 (reflection mapped isosurface)