A game that's like Bananagrams...but one-player....and nana-themed.
- Create a crossword using the tiles below.
- If you get stuck, drag your unwanted tile to DUMP.
- Once you have used up your tiles, click PEEL to get another tile.
I decided to use Trello to organize my user stories and created a wireframe in Balsamiq.
- WordNik API
Future features & TODOs
- The "WIN" function does not work
- START Button
- WIN End Screen
- Styling updates and CSS bug fixes
- Refactor ( a lot! )
- Animated grandmas
- Make a nonsense poem using the words they made
- Highlight the tiles RED when the word is wrong & Highlight the tiles GREENish when the word is right
- The tiles are able to drag & drop
- The program accesses the Wordnik API to check whether the words are legitimate.
- New additions: Peel & Dump buttons. They
mostlywork, but need to be tweaked.
- I made it nana-themed. It looks gloriously hideous. You're welcome.
- The game is now able to search vertically and horizontally for words and check whether the word is in the temporary dictionary array.
- Letters can automatically & randomly populate - currently, there are only 17 since the board has only 36 slots.
- Wrote 'user stories' to organize TODOs: https://trello.com/b/geCES9ro/nanagrams
- Created a temporary board & a few temporary tiles
- Click functionality included: When a player clicks a tile then clicks a cell, the tile appends to the cell.