Pass the Hash Guidance
This project hosts scripts for aiding administrators in implementing Pass the Hash mitigations as outlined in the Reducing the Effectiveness of Pass the Hash paper.
The PtHTools module contains the main commands for helping with implementing PtH mitigations:
See the PtHTools readme file for more information on how to use them.
- Reducing the Effectiveness of Pass the Hash
- Long-Lived Hashes for AD Smartcard Required Accounts
- Limit Workstation-to-Workstation Communication
- https://aka.ms/pth - Microsoft's Pass-the-Hash general resource page.
- Mitigating Pass-the-Hash and Other Credential Theft v1
- Mitigating Pass-the-Hash and Other Credential Theft v2
- How Pass-the-Hash works
- Local Administrator Password Solution - LAPS is a Microsoft supported tool that ensures local administrator accounts do not all have the same password. It is an alternative to the Edit-AllLocalAccountPasswords command found in PtHTools.
- krbtgt refresh script - Resets the krbtgt account password twice to invalidate Kerberos tickets created by attackers (e.g. Golden Ticket).
- Securing Privileged Access
- Privileged Access Workstations
- Enhanced Security Administrative Environment