Welcome to the home of OASIS Open Projects!
This documentation repo houses all the info you'll need to get acquainted with the OASIS Open Projects program.
- The guides directory houses process documentation for projects, programs and services.
- The policy directory has official OASIS Open Projects governance rules in plain language.
- The templates directory is where you'll find useful boilerplates for Open Projects, including the Open Project Draft Charter Template.
- The board-docs directory houses Open Projects documents that have been ratified by the OASIS Board of Directors.
Open Projects Benefits
OASIS Open Projects offer:
- Support, in one organization, for the development of open source code and/or related materials and prose specifications
- Potential for formal approval of appropriate content as OASIS Standards, with the opportunity for further external submission to SDOs including ISO, IEC, and ITU.
- Participation opportunities for the entire community.
- Stakeholder leadership under Project Governing Boards and Technical Steering Committees.
- Standards-level patent protections assured by unique Contributor License Agreement (CLA) and common open source licenses.
- Free public access to all deliverables in perpetuity.
- Extensible collection of project collaboration tools: integrated issues management, project boards, continuous integration servers, version control, team messaging, release management, wikis, mailing lists, and chat.
- Publicity and promotional activities including press releases, webinars, plugfests, and social media.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how your project can become an OASIS Open Project.