A plugin for realzing Sortable Categories and Folders.
- Refactoring and code cleanup.
- Initial release.
SortableCategories plugin allows you to arrange the orders of category and folder lists as you need.
This plugin is designed to work with Movable Type 4.2 or later and does not support dynamic publishing at this moment.
- Download and extract SortableCategories-version.zip file.
- Upload or copy the contents of "SortableCategories-version/plugins" directory into your MT "plugins" directory.
- Upload or copy the contents of "SortableCategories-version/mt-static/plugins" directory into your MT "mt-static/plugins" directory.
- After proper installation, you will find "SortableCategories" plugin listed on the "System Plugin Settings" screen.
How to use
If you want to arrange the order of categories:
- First, go to "Manage Categories" screen (select "Categories" from "Manage" dropdown list)
- Select "Manage Category Tree" located at the right side of "Manage Categories" screen.
- In "Manage Category Tree" screen, you can arrange the category tree as you like. Grab a category or a subtree of categories, and drop them to any point of the category tree.
- After arranging the category tree, select "Save" button to save the current tree.
You can also arrange the order of folders in the same way.
This plugin does not provide any tags, but one sort_method, named "SortableCategories::sorter".
In order to render a "sorted" category tree, you should replace original "Category Archives" widget with the following one:
<mt:IfArchiveTypeEnabled archive_type="Category"> <div class="widget-archive widget-archive-category widget"> <h3 class="widget-header">Category</h3> <div class="widget-content"> <mt:TopLevelCategories sort_method="SortableCategories::sorter"> <mt:SubCatIsFirst> <ul> </mt:SubCatIsFirst> <mt:If tag="CategoryCount"> <li><a href="<$mt:CategoryArchiveLink$>"<mt:If tag="CategoryDescription"> title="<$mt:CategoryDescription remove_html="1" encode_html="1"$>"</mt:If>><$mt:CategoryLabel$> (<$mt:CategoryCount$>)</a> <mt:Else> <li><$mt:CategoryLabel$> </mt:If> <$mt:SubCatsRecurse$> </li> <mt:SubCatIsLast> </ul> </mt:SubCatIsLast> </mt:TopLevelCategories> </div> </div> </mt:IfArchiveTypeEnabled>
Copyright (c) 2009 Hirotaka Ogawa <hirotaka.ogawa at gmail.com>. All rights reserved.
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either:
- the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or
- the "Artistic License" which comes with Perl.