Open Science Wordpress Theme
The Theme together with an Wordpress Installation will provide a customizeable, easy-to-use platform to publish open science content, from ordinary blogging to open access papers. Here just a few of the main functions the Open Science Theme should provide.
Here just a few of the main functions the Open Science Theme should provide:
- Easy and userfriendly backend
- Structure content fitting to the open science research process and also non scientific projects and lectures
- Well suited workflow via templates and customized backend for the different content types, i.e. Paper, Scientific Project, Blogging, related Projects, Courses, Events, Scientists Profile
- Support of LaTeX, Syntax Highlighting, Referencing, Citing
- make it easy to subscribe to different content
- reduced, easy to navigate layout and design
- use of other open science related projects like github, mendeley or figshare
- export content in free document formats
- connect with web2.0 services
- Early releases on GitHub
First install and configure wordpress and plugins. Then import the advanced custom field menus (XML & PHP) from plugins/acf .
All the necessary informations for this can be found in the documentation (org-file).
- [GitHub Repository] (https://github.com/skasberger/openscience-wordpress-theme)
- [Wordpress](https://wordpress.org/" title="Wordpress)
- What is a theme?
- update README.md
- update opensciencewordpresstheme.org: configuration and installation details of wordpress and plugins
- add free university field to courses overview page template
- validate url function
- add courses page template
- created custom fields for the backend
- structured course overview page
- add scientific informations to user profile
- add images: creative commons, flags and rss_small
- implemented twitter bootstrap v 2.2.2
- implemented GitHub Button Service http://ghbtns.com/
- use of Advanced Custom Field Plugin v1.4 with Taxonomies and User Add-On
- use of Socialshare plugin v1.1.6 http://www.heise.de/extras/socialshareprivacy/#merge
- use of Post Revision Plugin v0.9 https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-revision-display/