This README file contains information on the contents of ostro manageability layer.
This layer depends on:
URI: git://git.openembedded.org/bitbake branch: master URI: git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core layers: meta branch: master
Please submit any patches against the meta-manageability layer via Github pull requests.
Recipes in meta-manageability
recipes-core: Core components of ostro configuration manageability framework.
recipes-forwarders: Sample forwarders that delivers the configuration fragments.
- etcdconfs - etcd based forwarder
- restconfs - REST API server and UI, delivers the local configuration changes
- usbconfs - Supports setting configuration from USB drive.
- neardconfs - Neard based NFC configuration forwarder.
recipes-conffw: Configuration packages for main Ostro components such as 'connman', 'openssh', 'dropbear'.
recipes-temp-fixes: Fixes made to core component recipes, eventually these should be merged to appropriate layers, such as:
- chagnes to gcc to enable gccgo compiler
- avahi,connman - iptable rules.
- linux-yocto - to enable kernel modules required for connman tethering.
In order to use this layer, you need to make the build system aware of it. You can add it to the build system by adding the location of manageability layer to bblayers.conf, along with other layers needed. e.g:
BBLAYES ?= " ... \ /path/to/yocto/meta \ /path/to/yocto/meta-manageability \ "
Pulling in the meta-manageability layer does not automatically pull the component configuration packages. These packages should be explicitly pull in by adding components to IMAGE_INSTALL in your local.conf file. e.g:
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " \ ... \ connman-conffw \ openssh-conffw \ restconfs \ "