- The issue template can be found here but be aware of the different repositories! See list below. Please always use the issue template when reporting issues.
- Please search the existing issues first, it's likely that your issue was already reported or even fixed.
- Go to one of the repositories, click "issues" and type any word in the top search/command bar.
- You can also filter by appending e. g. "state:open" to the search string.
- More info on search syntax within github
- This repository (core) is only for issues within the ownCloud core code. This also includes the apps: files, encryption, external storage, sharing, deleted files, versions, LDAP, and WebDAV Auth
- SECURITY: Report any potential security bug to us via our HackerOne page or email@example.com following our security policy instead of filing an issue in our bug tracker
The issues in other components should be reported in their respective repositories:
Report the issue using our template, it includes all the information we need to track down the issue.
Help us to maximize the effort we can spend fixing issues and adding new features, by not reporting duplicate issues.
Contributing to Source Code
Thanks for wanting to contribute source code to ownCloud. That's great!
Before we're able to merge your code into the ownCloud core, you need to sign our Contributor Agreement.
Please read the Developer Manuals to learn how to create your first application or how to test the ownCloud code with PHPUnit.
In order to constantly increase the quality of our software we can no longer accept pull request which submit un-tested code. It is a must have that changed and added code segments are unit tested. In some areas unit testing is hard (aka almost impossible) as of today - in these areas refactoring WHILE fixing a bug is encouraged to enable unit testing.
Please submit translations via Transifex.